Annual Conference 2011
DAS' 2011 annual conference, entitled 'Foreign National Prisoners - All You Need to Know', took place on 16th December 2011 in London.
Nick Hearn, Deputy Director of the Criminal Casework Directorate of the UK Border Agency, and Clyde James, Head of Policy, Publications and Stakeholders at the Office of the Immigration Services Commissioner, gave presentations at the conference.
Workshops at the conference focused on:
- The needs of foreign national prisoners
- Repatriation, including the EU Prisoner Transfer Agreement, which came into force in December 2011
- The Facilitated Return Scheme (FRS)
- Serving of papers and time limits
- Victims of trafficking in custody
- The role of the foreign national co-ordinator in prisons
Further information about the presentations, workshops and discussions during the day can be found in the conference report, here.
Photos from the conference can be viewed below: